Under the policy that entire production process is to be fully controlled, KAPI soybeans is produced with closed-loop system to cover seed propagation through delivery to customers.
Developing Closed loop production system
Why is closed loop production system required?
Good quality seed is an important factor for good product. To assure food safety, it is critical to control seed purity of such 10% of total production. Own seed propagation can achieve better purity and quality compared with seed purchased from seed company.
Comparison with competitor
- In-house breeding program
- 100% own seed production
- 100% contracted acreage
- Common food-grade soybean supplier
- Licensing variety developed by other public entity like University
- Purchase seed volume from seed company
- Difficult to secure full control production
Annual grower meeting is best communication tools to provide information to growers, also to collect feedback from growers to develop KAPI’s closed loop production system.
KAPI dispatches field inspector to every single field contracted with growers. Focus of inspection is variety cross-contamination, crop condition like weed and disease infestation.
KAPI program guarantees 99.8% Non-GMO purity
Temperature controlled warehouse to store bagged products
Temperature controlled warehouse maintains high quality soybeans after processing.
- GOA Organic Certificate
- Non-GMO Project
- OSIA IP Control
- PCR Test
- Chemical Residue Test
- Various accreditation
- ISO 14001
- FDA Bioterrorism Compliance
- Ohio Department of Agriculture Commodity Handling License
- Ohio Department of Agriculture Seed Labeler License
- Ohio Department of Agriculture Commodity Tester Certificate
- Ohio Department of Agriculture Chemical Pesticide Applicator License